It will take a few more hours for me to take out all of the stitches and begin to re-quilt, but I definitely needed that time apart from that project.
I also picked up a baby quilt top I had finished right before the quilting debacle and decided to give my Singer yet another chance to redeem itself.
If I was smart, I would have just slapped on the walking foot and played it safe...But I didn't, of course- I keep returning to the machine for more punishment. In this one isolated case, however, I got lucky! I stippled and succeeded This cool baby quilt went to a little boy on his third birthday. It may be a little small (30" x 30") for a three year old, but I was just a tad gun shy about quilting something bigger.
The recipient already has a fitted sheet with that cute Puppies and Pickups fabric, and I added some bug jar fabric and spider web fabric to give it a decidedly "boy" flavor.
I also experimented for the first time with a flannel backing. I was/am kinda nervous about this one, as the mixing of unwashed fabric types might cause some wacky shrinkage, but I did a cold water bath pre-wash on the flannel and crossed my fingers. Hopefully it wont be a train wreck after one wash...actually, Isaac might love that, as he is a huge train fan :)
I like this last shot because I just noticed it looks like the quilt is chillaxin' on the bench, with one arm on the arm rest and the other stretched out on the bench back.