Friday, May 11, 2012

Back in the Saddle again

I am feeling especially "western" having just returned from a short trip to Reno, Nevada (hence, the title of my post).  Happy to return home to my cozy bed and my machine, which has been collecting dust for almost a month.  While in Syracuse a couple weeks back I was able to visit a LQS and pick up a couple cute fabrics, some quilting tips, and a hankerin' for a fancy, new-fangled machine.  Having resisted the temptation, I am gladly cutting fabrics for my next project, a baby quilt for a dear friend of ours, whose baby is 2 1/2.


The quilt will center around select charm squares I received thru two recent charm swaps.  I picked out the 16 fabrics, mostly birds and butterflies, along with accent fabric from my stash, and will likely do a wonky star design.  I will update you when I get a bit further along!

No comments:

Post a Comment