Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Supernova progress

My only work in progress is my Supernova quilt.  Earlier on, I was doing some second-guessing about fabric choices, but as usual, I like it better now that I am able to see more of my blocks coming together.


I really like the colors, and I tried to plan out each block to have a progression from one color to the next, but that didn't seem to happen.  Just because it isn't what I had planned doesn't mean it isn't going to be nice, right?  Well, that's what I'm going with right now :)  Oh, also, I have been taking pictures of each finished block with its corresponding number, so I don't lose track of where it goes in the quilt.  I guess I could just lose track, and then put it back together the way I think it looks best, but that's not how I roll!

With 8 of my 9 blocks completed, and a target for this gift (good friends who just suddenly lost a very close relative), I am trying to push to finish this one by Sunday.  Then, tonight I realized I am out of batting!  I am contemplating hand stitching together a couple of spare pieces, but not sure if there will be a detectable seam in the finished product.  I could just order a roll, but I am beginning to accumulate pretty big scrap pieces, and figure I will eventually need to find something to do with them, since I don't do much "non-quilt" quilting.  Oh well, I may just give it a whirl!

Hope to have my quilt top ready to show by Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment